Individuals are encouraged to attend Centennial Volunteer Challenge meetingJuly 19, 2011
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:00 am
Local organizations that depend upon volunteers to provide critical service may partner with the Arizona Centennial Volunteer Challenge (ACVC), which encourages individuals to record 100 hours of volunteer service in the state’s Centennial year, from Feb. 2012.
An outreach meeting to help organizations and individuals learn more about this Challenge is set for 10 a.m, Tuesday, July 19, at Navajo County Health Department Conference Room, 600 9th Place, Show Low.
The Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism is collaborating with the Arizona Centennial Commission and KTVK 3TV to create the Challenge to strengthen civic engagement and volunteerism in Arizona.
The Centennial Volunteer Challenge will provide opportunity:
• To recognize the role service and volunteers play in the development of our great state
• To strengthen the civic engagement of Arizona’s citizens
• To promote the Centennial of Arizona as an official partner of the Arizona Centennial Commission
• And for Arizona volunteer organizations to gain new tools and strategies to strengthen and grow volunteer programs.
Goals of the Centennial Volunteer Challenge:
• Create and implement a web-platform to promote volunteerism and the Arizona Centennial and to aggregate volunteer information for all Arizona organizations that engage volunteers and for all Arizonans that volunteer.
• Link Arizonans’ commitment to service to the state’s centennial celebration
• Seek commitment from 100,000 Arizonans from across the state to volunteer 100 hours by the celebration of the Arizona Centennial in February 2012
• Provides individuals with a web platform to make their pledge, track their volunteer hours and to access meaningful volunteer opportunities by zip code
• Provide signature Day of Service volunteer opportunities
Outreach and Media Campaign Elements Include (through KTVK 3TV and other media partners):
• Televised and radio public service announcements, featuring Arizona leaders and celebrities
• Volunteer Resource Toolkits
• Media and Marketing Toolkit, including logos, sample press/media releases, customizable print ads and more
• Weekly branded e-mails to individuals to highlight volunteer opportunities
• Monthly branded e-mails to over 30,000 recipients
• Exposure for your organization on Arizona’s most visited television website
Visit VolunteerMatch to register your organization and start posting your volunteer opportunities: www.volunteermatch.org/post/register/np/overview.jsp