Make sure you view this great slideshow – highlighting this great event!
PHOENIX: February 11 & 12, 2012
HOURS OF OPERATION
Saturday: Noon – 10 p.m.
Sunday: Noon – 6 p.m.
Click here to view the map AND the stage schedules!
Public Transportation. Take the METRO Light Rail to the Central Station located at Van Buren between Central Ave and First Ave Arizona Best Fest is approximately one mile walking distance. Or you can take one of the two valley METRO buses from the station: westbound Route 3 on Van Buren; or northbound Rt. 15 on the north side of the station. Both routes travel closer to the Arizona Best Fest event footprint and decrease walk-time. A Valley Metro Transit passes are also good for the bus; no fee for transfers. Riders are invited to check the online trip planner at ValleyMetro.org to configure routes and bus connections. NOTE: These are regularly scheduled buses; additions have not been made.
Public Parking. All state surface parking lots are open to the public during the event weekend of February 11 & 12. There are also 3 garages that are open to the public during the same weekend. 3 state office garages open this weekend include:
- 18th Ave & Monroe
- 16thAve & Madison
- 10th Avenue & Adams
Plus, ample on-street parking surrounds the Capitol Complex. Click here to view map
-AZ Best Fest. Washington and Jefferson streets closed from 10th Ave on east to 18th Ave on the West.
-Arizona Centennial Ride, a Signature Event of the Arizona Centennial, is anticipated to see more than 2,000 participants and their motorcycles travel from Mesa Riverview to the state Capitol.
Afternoon Street Closures:
- Westbound on the Loop 202, ramps Alma School and McKellips will be closed at approximately 1:00pm.
- Also West Bound on the Loop 202 mainline closure, East Bound the Dobson off ramp and I-10 HOV Lane will be closed at approximately 1:30pm.
- 3rd Street from McDowell to Washington will be closed starting at 2p.m. and Washington from 3rd Avenue to 7th Avenue will be closed at approximately 2p.m.
Travel To Best Fest. Recommended travel routes to access the event site that spans from 10th Avenue to 17th Avenue on Washington, and portions of Jefferson:
- From the West, take I-10 and exit 19th Avenue; travel south on 19th Avenue and turn east on Van Buren
- From the East, take 1-10 and exit 7th Avenue; turn west onto Van Buren, or west onto Monroe or Madison
Saturday, February 11
Noon Centennial Way [Washington Street] Re-Dedication at 10th Ave
Best Fest Opens
3pm Arizona Centennial Ride participants’ arrival begins — roaring thunder!
5pm “AZ 48” Ceremonial Ride through Best Fest greeted by Gov. Brewer!
5:30pm Salute to Arizona w/ Gov. Janice K. Brewer & Dierks Bentley
10:15pm Arizona Best Fest Phoenix Closes
Sunday, February 12
Noon Best Fest Opens
4:30pm AZ Centennial Official Mascot Copper Chopper – Final Drawing
- Governor Janice K. Brewer with Arizona bike designer Paul Yaffe
- Guest emcee – Scott Pasamore
6pm Arizona Best Fest Phoenix Closes